Our goal at TechMap is to bring the tech community across the US together, to create an ecosystem where they can be linked together. The TechMap provides a platform to newcomers, job seekers, investors and entrepreneurs discover and engage with a city's tech and startup ecosystem. We currently hold events in Austin and Chicago, but plan to expand to other cities across US as well. With a map of tech startups, co-working sites, investors, service providers and events we promise to give you a clear glance at a city's tech scene. Our events (Meetups, happy hours and Hackathons) as well as our weekly newsletter allows our members to keep in touch with other members of the community and get a sense of what is going on in their city.
Our flagship event CoFounders at TechMap, is a highly sought after monthly event in Austin, which provides a platform for Startup Co-founders to give short pitches/demos of their ideas infront of their peers. They get on spot feedback from a panel of experienced professionals on their pitches, and also get the opportunity to network with a range of professionals interested in their idea. Held on the 2nd Monday of every month, the Cofounders event has become something of an Austin institution. What makes The TechMap different is that we are purely focused on tech companies and startups, we are a highly curated version of LinkedIn for tech professionals and entrepreneurs.
“Bringing the tech community together.”
TechMap is looking for an energetic, confident & communication savvy individual to manage it’s Social Media game for 6months. We seek individuals who are excited about the Social Media Marketing space, understand the various platforms available and apply innovative ways to mobilize them. TechMap seeks to be more actively engaged with it’s community by increasing it’s social media presence on various channels. The Social Media Intern will be the ninja responsible for building TechMap’s online presence on Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin, Meetup, and Instagram. We are a very small team made up of mostly volunteers, so we are looking for someone who can work independently, come up with ideas on their own, and implement them in realtime. You will be working directly with the CEO / Marketing Director of TechMap. Our team is made up of a passionate bunch of people who believe in TechMap’s vision of building an ecosystem for the Tech Community nationwide, to help innovation thrive. So if you are someone, who enjoys a challenge, gets things done, and loves to work in an environment where you are the boss of your own ideas, then we are made for each other! And lastly, a fun attitude and a sense of humor are highly sought after virtues at TechMap J
1. Manage the Social Media accounts and the blog for TechMap.
2. Maintain a monthly calendar for managing multiple social media accounts.
3. Think of innovative ways of engaging the community and increase following.
4. Create compelling content that is shared by influencers and our community.
5. Curate relevant content from various tech bloggers, websites. Build editorial relationships with them on behalf of TechMap.
6. Create a mind-blowingly fabulous Social Media Strategy that is both innovative and impactful
7. Build meaningful relationship with our online community
8. Manage and track social media analytics using Hootsuite, Facebook analytics, Twitter analytics, Google analytics to measure the impact of the strategy.
9. Be on the lookout for possible PR opportunities, to get TechMap featured in relevant forums.
10. Just be super awesome and have fun while managing it all.
What we are looking for?
1. Marketing, Communications, blogging, PR background
2. Self-starter who is excited about the technology and startup space
3. Proficient with Social Media platforms and an understanding of how the different networks operate. If you manage a blog, or social media profiles, that would be plus.
4. Organized and able to work in a Startup environment
5. A fierce researcher and someone who has strong written communication skills
6. A passion for Social Media and a basic understanding of the current trends.
7. Innovative and an out and out people’s person.
*This is an unpaid volunteer position