The TechMap helps newcomers, job seekers, investors and entrepreneurs discover and engage with a city's tech and startup ecosystem. We are seeking an ambitious, well-rounded Web Designer with front-end development experience. We're a small, fun-loving team dedicated to bringing the tech community together.
About the Role:
- Collaborate with the engineering and product team to design beautiful and intuitive web pages and interfaces.
- Optimize current web product through iterative design process including UI.UX, graphic design and a/b testing.
- Designing T-shirts for The TechMap!
- Designing landing pages, emails and advertisements
- Implementing designs on the front-end of The TechMap, HTML, CSS.
- Design clean, intuitive and beautiful user interfaces across multiple devices and platforms.
- Deliver organized, notated design documents compliant with web standards.
- Comfortable with graphic design/illustration in addition to web design, you’re happy to design a t-shirt or ad creative from scratch!
- You love optimization and a/b testing, it doesn’t just have to look better, it has to work better and the numbers have to prove it!
- Practice consistent design formatting and work within templates so your work is standardized and scalable.
- High attention to detail.
- You love at least one of the following; tech, startups, geekery stuff, food (if you don’t love one of those we assume you’re dead and need not apply.)
- You have an online portfolio with working sites or examples.
- Position is based in Austin or anywhere else, remote applicants are welcome and encouraged to apply!
- 2-3 years of professional design experience
- Expert knowledge of the entire adobe suite.
- Experience designing for web
- Experience with UI.UX design
- Experience with graphic design
- Strong HTML & CSS
- Experience with Illustration
- Experience working on a transactional web product preferred.
Salary: $0 - $10K